Tuesday, July 21, 2009

STRIKE WHILE THE IRON IS HOT.  It goes without saying that I feel like I could start a new day right now. It's approaching 5 am. I'm in my humble corner of the modest yet soulful Hawthorne, NJ, listening to Chet Baker with Strings, one of my all time favorite late night CDs. I always hold onto memories like a sweaty 3000.00 check that I just got for a tour or something. What? Take that check out and iron it! 
******I had an amazing night tonite. Starting with my weekly gig at the Groove. A tourist safety net located in the beating bloody ass heart of the west village. It's a tough 3 set type night. Not a 3 gig night. Kind of, but all in the same room. Anyways, tonite KILLED    ............  My monday night hang is a youthful experience. I find myself challenging myself in a situation where sometimes the tendency would be to coast through and not give 100%. But that is the challenge of life is it not?  We say, "I'm unhappy, It's not there for me. When is it going to happen? "  But really, all we are in control of, is taking what we have and figuring out a way to invest ourselves in it so we grow and get to that place that we long for! Fuck it! Just do it like Nike boys and girls. Don't listen to that voice that pops in and makes you wanna hide. Don't even let it fall upon your mind for an instant. i felt the groove at groove. 
*****Then I strolled over to the ole Bitter End. Familiar faces, networking, meeting people, getting phone numbers (of all the soundmen....no no, just kidding, the waitresses...no, not them either) I played Whipping Post with a sick band - who knows what happened after that? PEOPLE LOVED IT/ everyone had such excellent energy.     ****  it was more than $$$$$$$    how i love the bitter end opened late with not tons of people there. Am I blabbing? Sorry. Maybe I should go to bed. I will keep on believing and trying to push myself forward. Think of life like everything is as important as what's important to you. TRY! Goodnight sweetheart:)

No comments:

Post a Comment