Saturday, August 8, 2009

Rest when you're dead

But when will you be done? Once you find that thing in life that is worth working your ass off for, worth living and dying for, then you start on a journey that really has no end. Whether it's love, career, art, whatever your focus, you wake up in the morning and suddenly it's not a big sigh anymore when you have to get up and face the day. Interesting enough, sometimes we have to work twice as hard on our art  while something else sustains us in the meantime. Burn that midnight oil! It's the only way it gets done. No one else is gonna do it for you! 

 

Lately I have been feeling the burn and the hustle.  I've found a place in my mind where I WANT to accept the challenge and grow. Finally. I've been waiting to feel this way for a while. It only happened when I allowed it to. You'd be surprised what you can accomplish. I never thought I'd be where I am now. I remember the days of singing in the car to old funk tapes and thinking, "I know I can sing this, I know I understand it and feel it. " My voice was untapped and the only way to develop it was to GO FOR IT. And now, it's time for the next level. And then after that, the next level. It never stops. It's the same with everything in life. I think maybe love, peace, things like that are the only constants. We just keep on struggling and pushing until our time is done. We try to give of  ourselves , we try to help others, ourselves and our loved ones. The search never ends, I think. I'm not there yet.   I'm going to do my best to keep it up and keep on keeping on. Once you think you've gotten to a certain place, then you look out into the distance and realize just how far you have to go.  yay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment